Getting the Certificates :
- Go to SSLforFree.
- Enter your website link to create SSL certificate.
- Verify your ownership of website.
- Download Certificates.zip.
- Upload ZIP to your hosting instance.
Configuring SSL :
- Extract ZIP.
- Move certificate.crt file to
- Move private.key to
- Now change configuration in ssl.conf
$ sudo /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf
- Find These lines and change accordingly :
Now Restart apache server and try opening your website with https enabled.
This method has some issues for mobile Certification and show insecure origin for mobile users. So I prefer to not go this way for adding SSL to your website. This was just my trial and error approach for installing the certificate.
Next Post Migrating from http to https